Eat, Pray, smiling

7:26 PM
Eat, Pray, smiling -
Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Eat, Pray, Love

Eat, Pray, Love

"Ketut Liyer? You mean Ketut Liar?" Is apparently a joke often repeated in Bali, although I met him a couple of Ubud residents who were concerned that healer of Elizabeth Gilbert Eat, Pray, Love was torn western tourists. But competition among healers in Bali (especially Ubud) is omnipresent and reputation remain tarnished. Healing is big business. The Internet is full of concerns about healers and "boundaries" that are traversed or some Balians just are not authentic.

Yet others were quick to defend him, and Ketut's own son announced that Ketut can receive about a thousand people for a grand ceremony as Saraswati Day. You do not become a real Balian USADA (a Balinese traditional healer) without extensive training and dedication - that's because it is believed that given their divine powers may decide to abandon the unclean and there are many rules on how to maintain such purity. Ketut Liyer was so authentic? I was lucky to find a gold nugget at Pondok Pekak Library & Learning Centre of Ubud - an account of the real life of this Balian USADA, Ketut Liyer. On a dusty shelf was a document handwritten by Samantha Eir Camera-Smith (one of the students of Pondok Pekak), written in 1993, thirteen years before cult classic of Elizabeth Gilbert was published .

At this point, I should probably explain that Gilbert's story was a memoir based on his experiences of recovering a divorce experience pleasure (eating) in Italy, being dedicated (pray) in India and find love in Bali where she was on a quest to find a balance between worldly pleasures and spiritual devotion led by Ketut Liyer.

film of the same name 2010 favorite Julia Roberts and James Franco and it was produced by Brad Pitt. Ketut, in the movie, was played by an actor, but in real life Ketut invited Elizabeth to study with him and taught him English. Elizabeth could not determine the age of Ketut, although she discovers that he was born on the medical student Samantha Eir Camera-Smith got a little closer, thinking he was sixty fourteen at the time of his study "a Thursday." - Which means he is aged eighty-five years old this year.

"mysticism found in the magical Balinese spiritual aspects of healing attracted many Westerners at home Ketut Liyer," Samantha continued. A Balian believes that the disease is caused by an unbalanced situation and the first Balian USADA, Budha Kocapi, was given with the knowledge by the Goddess Sarasvati. These wisdoms were broadcast on lontars (manuscripts made of palm leaves, written in Sanskrit Balinese) and Sarasvati must be prayed every day. "If I do not pray for him three times a day, or if I misuse my powers, it shall revoke my knowledge of lontars" said Ketut Samantha. As the ninth generation of healers, Ketut and had an extensive library "lontars over fifty different."

Ketut Liyer Opening a Lontar

Ketut Liyer Opening Lontar

Ketut cleaning usually performed ceremonies, reading palms, create magical paintings and perform the magic love. Believing that everyone had a natural beauty, Ketut said that all he has done to achieve the magical love was to transform energy, "While it is visible to others." He even received letters from people who were married because of the success "magic love".

I'm naturally suspicious. I saw Eat, Pray, Love and I read the book, but I could not shake my preconceptions snobs. So I decided to meet him.

In the waiting room is a dark tourist Düsseldorf. She's been here since eight in the morning. I try to price a little more information about it, but I can not. It is an impenetrable stone and give up, I look at the fish pond for some time. Two Korean tourists slipped inside by a guide who seems a little too familiar with the scene. Finally, the German lady called for a palm reading and I'm surprised - I hear laughter. This skill alone impresses me.

Now it's my turn to find out what everyone is talking - and I see immediately - it is his smile. I am flooded with happiness. We sit for a while and Ketut laughed, then he shows me his ceremonial bell. Before I know beyond a mantra from his mouth and I close my eyes; it is extraordinarily beautiful. I did not ask a single question. This interview was certainly different.

Ketut is a man who, according to Elizabeth, "has never been off the island of Bali in his life. He spent very little time, in fact, off the porch." and you may remember the Ketut response when Elizabeth asked if he would like to visit him in America, resigned after he shakes his head, "Do not have enough teeth to travel on. plane"

And Ketut gave me time - its most valuable resource. Dentists paid for their time; doctors are paid for their time too. I do not understand why the gift healers should be a problem. In fact, as Ketut shared his stories, the guide who brought the two Korean girls looked at me with rolling notes of "come on Julia Roberts' and I felt guilty for taking up everyone's time. But every time I apologized, Ketut excited would say, "Wait a moment," as he read a fragile lontars. The first lot was to cure someone of cetik (poison) that can give a person homicidal urges - the best remedy was burned cow manure wiped his feet - though I can not have understood that correctly. Please do not try this at home.

Even the son of Ketut sacrificed their time for others as he gently rocked a quiet baby, whose mother and father were busy study and work. Later, his son explained that Ketut must purify every morning repeating mantras to 2,000. He worked hard for his happiness and maintenance of this "balance". "The energy he exerts work twelve hours a day, treating people even at the age of ninety-five never ceases to amaze me. The respect I wish for him is leading very quickly my initial skepticism" said Samantha.

I can not disagree, although I am not advocating that thousands of tourists flock to Ubud for a cure. The thing I respect most Ketut was his devotion; it should only things of himself, not others. He worked hard to make one of those rare things; to give the world a smile and actually knowing its value.

Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar