Albert Kok

12:56 PM
Albert Kok -
Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp

Meet Albert Kok. Panorama CEO Destination Management and advocate for change and growth.

Albert Kok What is the Panorama group?

The Panorama Group, or more commonly known as Panorama Tours, was established by Mr. Adhi Tirtawisata forty years ago in a small room with the staff and resources limited. Today, it is a collaboration of companies focused on tourism, transportation and hospitality. We are dedicated to innovation, excellent service and sustainable value to the community and the environments in which we operate. There are four main areas of activity are: Panorama Hotel Management, Transport, which includes buses and taxis as White Horse White Horse Premium cabin. The executive Shuttles Day Trans offer something better than public transport, reducing the carbon footprint of personal transportation for discerning commuters and travelers. The third area is the destination management, which is the area where I work. And the last zone is the outbound destination for Indonesian citizens traveling outside the country, which is a huge growth market.

What is the destination management involve?

We take care of everything for customers overseas, in collaboration with travel agencies in other countries. They handle international flights and we handle all aspects for tourists from the minute they arrive until they leave. It's my responsibility. We work with all major hotels, creating complete vacation packages, seminars and incentives. Our customers are mainly European, Canadian and domestic. It sounds simple, but we treat tens of thousands of people annually. Our job is to just exceed customer expectations. Without a thorough preparation and understanding of customer needs, you fail. The attention to detail is critical and everyone in the office knows my motto: Check, check, check. No one can make assumptions. If in doubt, ask. So the most important part of our work actually takes place long before the arrival.

So tell me about your background ...

I grew up in Bloemendaal near Haarlem Neth- Low. As a child, I remember hearing stories at the table on the first charter flights to Spain and things like that. My father was in tourism all his life working, so it runs in my blood. After my studies, I decided not to pursue a career as an accountant and I joined the company that my father was running. He specialized in Indonesia and that is when my love for this country really settled. From there I climbed the ladder with major travel agencies like TUI, D-reizen and Thomas Cook. I felt as I like to work in tourism, I stay. Twenty years later, I'm still here.

What led you to Indonesia in the first place?

I met my wife at a travel show. She was born in Indonesia and moved with his family to the Netherlands at the age of eleven, she has a leg in both worlds. Since we knew, we knew there would one day we could emigrate. I lived in Spain and we are contemplating going but I also like Asia, particularly Indonesia and was attractive to my wife. In 05, we took the decision to move abroad. We left our jobs, sold our house and then decided to throw in our business as well. We arrived in Bali with four suitcases and a girl of five years. People thought we were crazy or brave, but it was a good decision for us. It was actually great to sell everything we owned as it teaches us that we should not all these possessions, despite me being a gadget phenomenon. We would do it again tomorrow.
Albert Kok riding Vespa

This is a great story. What do you enjoy doing when you are not working?

I love spending time with my family. Make a career in Holland hardly allowed. Now at least I go home every night unless I travel. I love photography and video editing. A documentary I did on the island of Sumba was aired on Indonesian television more than once. Without my permission or credit though, but that is OK. At the weekend, I do the cooking, grilling or smoking an octopus another mahi mahi. I love my Vespa 1961. He is a substitute for classic cars, I used to have. Horseback riding is as much fun to pay me frequent mechanical problems. And it's orange, of course!

How do you see us face the challenges of Bali faces with such rapid growth?

Everyone knows all suggestions for change. The growth is very fast now and I think the main issue is how to take control. I am in favor of growth, because it creates jobs and hope that the well-being for those who really need them. Despite good intentions, effective laws and regulations, there are still many ways in which individuals can afford things. I am also in favor of the development of other parts of Indonesia. It might take a little pressure off Bali and further improve the total visitors from Indonesia. Like Thailand for example, who developed multiple beach, city and return travel destinations. Indonesia will certainly happen, but it will take time.

Some people say that Bali is ruined by big hotels, taxis and cars, and that tourists would be happier to stay in a small traditional places and walk more. What are your thoughts?

This may be true for some, but Bali is so interesting because it meets the visitors with many different interests. I agree that infrastructure is a problem. Last week I went to Kuta Beach Walk Mall for the first time. It has excellent parking facilities, but the traffic to get there was holding me all the time. If we can not widen roads, we definitely need more parking areas and pedestrian zones. Some good results were obtained in the Legian street on this issue already

You explain something many people forget -. Do things in groups, either families or travel companions has less impact on the environment. It is economical and enjoyable.

This is true, and many of our business focuses on group tours. However, many people never choose this way of travel. Still, I'm positive that we can leave our children a better world. It is our responsibility.

Thank you, Albert. To get in touch, email albert.kok@panorama-tours.com

Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar