Forensic Lutfi: Find peace in Ramadan

2:45 PM
Forensic Lutfi: Find peace in Ramadan -
Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp

forensic Lutfi

Sahur before dawn meal Muslims take before the first call to prayer during Ramadan is tricky . Most Indonesians wake up before 4 am, a bite to eat and a few glasses of water before praying and catch a few minutes of sleep before it's time to wake up and head to the office.

But Lutfi, a clerk at the Constitutional Court, like to use this time between Sahur and his morning commute to the office, to take his four year old son by the hand for a walk around the block. Of course, it would be good to take 45 minutes of sleep in the morning but for Lutfi, which ends sometimes stay late at the office or getting caught in traffic on the way back, that time with his son is precious.

"My son asks me about fasting," said Lutfi, who was born and raised in Medan, Jakarta but called his home since 05. "I explain that not eating is only a small part of Ramadhan. It is not all. It does not receive the spiritual part right now, but that will come. "

Lutfi says that Ramadan is a spiritual moment where he can reflect on his life and family, build discipline and spend more time in prayer and contemplation, there is also a certain feeling of nostalgia that comes with the holy month. And for Muslims living in the heart of Jakarta, the village sometimes seems a million miles.

"in fact, I miss the atmosphere of the village Ramadhan" Lutfi said. "Here in Jakarta, we lose a little of that community atmosphere and feeling. You see it on TV, but it is not the same. We work from morning to night, but when I Mudik (Back to hometown) I can really feel. Maybe it makes me nostalgic, that when I was little and remember I used to go to the village in the early hours of the morning with my friends all say it was sahur. "

So while Lutfi counting the days until he could return to Medan and spend the holidays with friends and family, what he thinks of fasting in Jakarta How does he feel when colleagues or friends who are not fasting to eat or drink in front of him?

"fasting is very personal," he said. "You can eat in front of me . You can eat and drink. I do not care. I fast for me and God, not for the people around me. "

For Lutfi, fasting to refrain from eating and drinking, but rather the perspective gained in clarity that comes with no not having your day dictated by the food or drink.

"the most important thing about fasting is to think about those around me who have to fast every day because they are not not enough to eat. It creates perspective. Fasting also helps cleanse your body of toxins and allow your organs a rest. And it is not only to eat, it is about emotions. It is to find peace, to be patient and empathetic. "

So what Lutfi look forward to when it comes to break the fast?

" It is not something that is really important to me. This does not mean that fasting is about. It is my family and the time we share together. It is about those walks with my son. "

Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar