Meet Nathalie Hocquart

8:51 PM
Meet Nathalie Hocquart -
Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp

Meet Nathalie Hocquart, the woman who shot the pastry in the new hot spot for international and Indonesian artists. Wide Open Space Gallery is currently promoting four of the best young emerging artists from Indonesia are about to change the way art is presented to the public.

Nathalie Hocquart

Nathalie Hocquart

Where did you spend your childhood?
I was born and spent my early years in Nancy, France. When I finished my studies, I went to New York where I developed a love for art through the many galleries and museums I visited. I am particularly moved by the art at the Guggenheim and MOMA (Museum of Modern Art). Art was everywhere; in established locations, as well as the "street art" in the streets and in the subway. I returned to France and had a daughter, Margaux, with a friend of youthness. Together we have produced events in places in Nancy. We have everything from food to music, create total environments for opportunities. When my daughter was three years old I went with her to the Caribbean. We spent six months in Martinique and Guadeloupe before returning to France to begin his education. Upon my return in France, I managed restaurants and taught many aspects of this industry, as well as developing a love of fine foods. That's when I started the business I'd successfully for many years.

What business was it?
I created and Macarons under the product name Margotine for refined establishments. I called my daughter Margaux who later joined the company. It was a great job. I would like to create many varieties and designs of this sweet in my lab and sold well in all of France. We took part in exhibitions of delicacies, which was fun as I was able to put my design skills to work creating beautiful environments to display our products. It included my love decorating and creating and maintaining the best quality of food. The work was hard, but he paid with international success. We made the SIAL International Expo and soon were selling all over the world, from Hong Kong to New York. My daughter worked with me and the company has become global and has grown, it has also become more difficult and consumed all of our time. We made a lot of money, but no time to spend it! It has become too large. It was too much.

Nathalie with Sophie

Nathalie Sophie

When did you start visiting Bali?
I arrived in Bali in 06 on holiday for three weeks and I came back. It several years ago, I bought land in Canggu, but because of the high cost of building I sold it after two years and got this here shop on Jl. Kunti Dua. The original idea was a grocery store. It was built for the pastry so there was a pastry kitchen at the back and the front was for a small cafe. The friend of my daughter came to work with me as a pastry chef and as my partner. This grocery store never opened due to a series of problems that I will not go in! I kept local while I went with my life. Then came Sophie!

Is when wide space Open beg one?
Absolutely! Sophie is the driving force of our company. She is beautiful and talented woman. At first she wanted to use the space to work around the process of beauty and anti-aging, what it does in other places and also as a workshop for his work and works of artist friends.

But it is also an artist. Sophie made amazing collages and share a love of the arts. We decided to start the metamorphosis of space to create an arts center. We tore the walls and painted all. We changed the facade. We continue to constantly change the environment here with art and artists. The space is open to change, like art. Artists began to approach us wanting to be a part of our site. We do not want to be just another gallery. We want to create a community of artists who work together and share ideas. Our first opening took place December 12, 2013, with six artists from different technical backgrounds and from all over the world. We had three major exhibitions with very successful openings. Sophie is an integral force here. It has an energy that is contagious and a passion for creativity in the arts support.

Wide Open Space Gallery

Wide Open Space Gallery

What changed your direction for Indonesian artists?
The art and artists! I love their energy and how they interpret the world we live in. Their work is an overall perspective. The last two months, Oddy and WiDi have been here in the broad open space every day. Their friends join them to plan new perspectives on how to present art to the public and how to get the public more involved in the arts. But we are not focused on creating events with Indonesian artists right.

What is the next event you are planning?
Four Indonesian artists will have the street art and street food! These artists are prominent on the art scene and showed the best galleries, some internationally. You may have seen their works around Bali in public areas. They want to create an open atmosphere that everyone can take part. The event will be "live" painting for the whole family to enjoy. Because most materials they use are usually found, people realize how accessible art can be for them to create. We want the public to see and meet the artists when they see the works; inspire people and create a community around art and food. The name of this event is massive and random Cute Vandalism. The names of artists for this show are Quint, OD, Grazz and Olla. We invite everyone to come and enjoy this event and get to know our community!

Thank you Nathalie! We will be there!

Massive and Random Cute Vandalism
Wide Open Space Gallery
May 8, 20 am - late
Jl. Kunti 2 steps. 20, Seminyak, Bali
www.facebook.com/WideOpenGalllery

Total
0
Facebook
Twitter
Google+
Linkedin
Whatsapp
Previous
Next Post »
0 Komentar